Another year, another reading list, but my 2023 reading list promises to be bigger and better than ever.
Because for the first time, I’m challenging myself to read 200 books this year.
I’ve read at least 100 books a year since 2013, so it’s fair to say I’m an avid reader, but I’ve never read 200 books. In fact, I read 150 books one year and haven’t reached that level since. But who doesn’t love a good challenge?
If you know me, you know that I love giving and receiving book recommendations.
I document all the books I read each year on my annual reading list. This 2023 reading list is where I will track my monthly reading and give each book I read a grade. An “A” book is one that I consider excellent. It’s a game-changer — something I would recommend to anyone. But please don’t ignore books I give “B” grades. These are really great books, but they just aren’t excellent life-changing books. A “C” book is average, but some people may disagree. I wouldn’t even bother with a book that I give a “D” or “F.” There are too many great books out there to waste time with those.
Want to see reviews of my favorite books through the years? Visit my bookstore to view and purchase books I’ve given perfect grades.
I hope you find something on my 2023 reading list to read and love. And please send your recommendations. I’m going to need them!
As always, happy reading!
2. Do Hard Things: Why We Get Resilence Wrong and the Surprising Science of Real Toughness – D
3. Don’t Go Down There – C
4. Lonely Hearts – B
5. I Have Some Questions for You
February (17 books read)
1. After I Do – B
2. Lessons in Chemistry – A
3. Imposter – B
4. I Know Where You Live – A
5. Come With Me – D
6. Peak Mind: Find Your Focus, Own Your Attention, Invest 12 Minutes a Day – D
7. How to Sell a Haunted House – F
8. Sometimes Amazing Things Happen: Heartbreak and Hope on the Bellevue Hospital Psychiatric Prison Ward – B
9. The Gift – C
10. Want to Know a Secret? – B
11. A Child Called “It” – B
12. The Girls Who Disappeared – D
13. Stranger in the Woods – F
14. The Wrong One – F
15. The Reunion – C
16. Bittersweet: How Sorrow and Longing Make Us Whole – C
17. The Mother-in-Law – C
January (21 books read)
1. The Chalk Man – B
2. Do You Remember – A
3. The Risk – A
4. Sidetracked – A
5. Choose Me – C
6. A Novel Obsession – D
7. Such a Beautiful Family – B
8. All the Lies – A
9. Scarlet Angel – A
10. Paint It All Red – A
11. Five Survive – C
12. Screaming on the Inside: The Unsustainability of American Motherhood – D
13. Five Total Strangers – C
14. Stop Overthinking: 23 Techniques to Relieve Stress, Stop Negative Spirals, Declutter Your Mind, and Focus on the Present – B
15. Drinking Games – D
16. The Perfection Detox: Tame Your Inner Critic, Live Bravely, and Unleash Your Joy – D
17. The Last to Let Go – C
18. Off the Deep End – B
19. The New Friends – C
20. Happier Hour: How to Beat Distraction, Expand Your Time, and Focus on What Matters Most – B
21. One in Three – C