If you’ve been around here long, you know that I love a good quote. There’s just something about someone who captures a whole vibe in a sentence or two.
I love sharing quotes on all of my social media, so I started thinking, “Why not share lists of my favorites here on my blog?” Duh!
Since we all love some inspiration to start the year, below are 35 inspiring quotes for the new year. They aren’t in any particular order. I love them all. Feel free to share them with anyone you think can use the inspiration.
35 Inspiring Quotes for the New Year
1. “Remove ‘shoulds’ from your vocabulary this year. Start your journey of self-love now.” — Kelly Martin
2. “The bad news is time flies. The good news is you’re the pilot.” — Michael Altshuler
3. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
4. “New year — a new chapter, new verse, or just the same old story? Ultimately we write it. The choice is ours.” — Alex Morritt
5. “I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past.” — Thomas Jefferson
6. “I have found that if you love life, life will love you back.” — Arthur Rubenstein
7. “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.” — William James
8. “You do not become good by trying to be good, but by finding the goodness that is already within you.” — Eckhart Tolle
9. “We are the authors of our destinies.” ― Nike Campbell-Fatoki
10. “When life is sweet, say thank you and celebrate. When life is bitter, say thank you and grow.” — Shauna Niequist
11. “What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven’t even happened yet.” — Anne Frank
12. “Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely.” — Karen Kaiser Clark
13. “The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.” — Socrates
14. “Life’s not about expecting, hoping, and wishing, it’s about doing, being, and becoming.” — Mike Dooley
15. “It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” — E.E. Cummings
16. “Your present circumstances don’t determine where you can go. They merely determine where you start.” — Nido Qubein
17. “Change can be scary, but you know what’s scarier? Allowing fear to stop you from growing, evolving, and progressing.” — Mandy Hale
18. “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” — George Eliot
19. “Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right.” — Oprah Winfrey
20. “Don’t live the same year 75 times and call it a life.” — Robin Sharma
21. “If you don’t like the road you’re walking, start paving another one.” — Dolly Parton
22. “Celebrate endings — for they precede new beginnings.” — Jonathan Lockwood Huie
23. “It doesn’t matter where you came from, all that matters is where you are going.” — Brian Tracy
24. “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” — Lao Tzu
25. “Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” — Robert Breault
26. “What the new year brings to you will depend a great deal on what you bring to the new year.” — Vern McLellan
27. “Never underestimate the power you have to take your life in a new direction.” ― Germany Kent
28. “If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello.” — Paulo Coehlo
29. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” — C.S. Lewis
30. “You can get excited about the future. The past won’t mind.” ― Hillary DePiano
31. “The first step toward getting somewhere is to decide you’re not going to stay where you are.” — J.P. Morgan
32. “Tomorrow is the first blank page of a 365-page book. Write a good one.” — Brad Paisley
33. “Be the change you wish to see in the world.” — Ghandi
34. “We all get the exact same 365 days. The only difference is what we do with them.” — Hillary DePiano
35. “There are better things ahead than any we leave behind.” — C.S. Lewis
Happy New Year!
There they are — 35 quotes I find inspiring for the new year. I honestly could have gathered quotes all day, I’m sure. I know I missed some great stuff. Do me a favor and drop your favorite quotes in the comments for me.
I hope you have a wonderful new year!