What do Sesame Street and good blogs have in common? Copyblogger says fundamentals.
The copywriting blog reports five things the popular learning program can teach you about being a good blogger. An overview of the five, according to the site:
- Sesame Street tests programming on their target before it airs. You should do the same with your blog.
- Sesame Street develops characters, which keeps viewers returning for more. You should develop your own online persona on your blog to better relate to your readers.
- Sesame Street is bound by time, making its content focused and fast paced. You should also keep your blog entries “bite sized” and moving along quickly.
- Sesame Street focuses on the same fundamentals (ex: letters, numbers, etc.). You also should find your area of expertise and stick with what you know in your blog entries. In other words, have a theme.
- Sesame Street focuses on rules of repetition, understanding that children need to hear things more than once. You also should get used to repetition on your blog. Any concept worth introducing also is worth repeating.
Read Copyblogger’s entire post “5 Things Sesame Street Can Teach You About Breakthrough Blogging.”