Sourcing Journal Media is looking for a staff writer to cover the business, trends and technology fueling the apparel, textile and footwear industries for our family of trade verticals under the Sourcing Journal banner.
The staff writer will report on and write about breaking news for our daily online publications, covering a range of topics including sourcing, production, retail, fibers, sustainability and technology. The staff writer will report to the Sourcing Journal editorial director and support the senior editorial staff with research, reporting and producing our email newsletters. A strong preference will be given to candidates with trade magazine experience, especially in footwear, apparel, retail or consumer packaged goods.
Must have an eye for news and the ability to pitch and create a regular stream of stories that are appropriate for our audience, which is made up of apparel and footwear industry executives.
Applicants must have 2-3 years of journalism experience, ideally in a daily news environment. You’re an enthusiastic team player who loves working in a fast-paced environment. You’ll be expected to create clean copy and informative content (with an eye for SEO-friendly headlines and copy). This position is an ideal opportunity to grow into a subject manager expert with increasing levels of responsibility within the organization.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop fresh ways to look at technology and trends for feature and shorter-form articles
- Collaborate with editorial director and associate publisher to execute on technology content for the publication
- Research, report and write technology news stories, features and special projects
- Identify companies that deserve more attention in the tech space and be one step ahead in terms of what’s around the bend for tech
- Attend events on behalf of the company or editorial director as needed
Ideal candidates must have:
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to identify time sensitive news
- Proven experience in writing concise, accurate news items
- Strong research skills, detail oriented
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- A clear understanding of the integrated nature of content and product across all channels, including but not limited to online, social media, magazines and events
- An understanding of how a B2B audience differs from a consumer audience
- Ability to learn new material quickly by attending conferences, trade shows and reading trade journals
Ideal candidate must have some trade experience and be a fast study, eager to learn and looking for career advancement opportunities.
Please send your resume, cover letter with salary requirements and 3-5 relevant clips/links to both short and long form content for consideration.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://pmc.com/careers-listing/?gnk=job&gni=8a7881a85fdd14f6015fe4b79c690226&gns=JournalismJobs.com →