Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
Communicates the Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta brands and strategies to the public and supports targeted clinical and institutional activities through an ongoing media relations and communications program which includes the development and dissemination of news, feature and photo releases, proactive and reactive media contacts, and crisis communications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Public Relations, English, Communications, or related field
- No professional certifications required
- 3 years of experience in public relations or communications
- Experience in media relations
- Experience in the news media
- Agency experience
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, including a thorough understanding of correct grammar and ability to write news releases, feature stories, pitch letters, statements, and talking points
- Ability to create targeted messages for a variety of media outlets
- Must work well under pressure and able to meet deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable to changes in information or priority
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, public speaking, and presentation skills
- Develops and enhances relationships with appropriate local and national media representatives.
- Responds to media inquiries in accordance with media relations procedures and represents the system in a professional manner to the media.
- Makes appropriate arrangements for interviews with hospital personnel and volunteers and escorts media representatives on system property.
- Monitors all media activity and placements related to Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, its key constituencies, competitors, and issues affecting the healthcare industry, including child wellness and public health.
- Ensures timely and convenient distribution of daily clips along with periodic reports for system and individual events/topics.
- Develops content calendars and distribution plans.
- Researches, writes, and disseminates news releases, feature stories, photo releases, calendar announcements, and story pitches to appropriate news media outlets in accordance with media relations procedures and policies and within deadlines.
- Maintains awareness of and proficiency in current trends and practices in marketing, public/media relations, and healthcare management.
- Maintains skill levels in technology tools required to perform job requirements.
- Serves as media relations staff on-call to respond to media inquiries during the day, after hours, on weekends, and on holidays in accordance with the system’s 24×7 media relations policy.
- Assists in writing and/or proofreading materials for other uses.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://careers.choa.org/job/Atlanta-Public-Relations-Coordinator-GA-30329/432175400/?utm_source=LINKEDIN&utm_medium=referrer →