Mohave County Miner
Mohave County Miner, Inc. [MCMI}, a.k.a. Kingman Daily Miner, a daily publication, is seeking a full time News Editor to join our editorial staff. If journalism is your passion and you want to work in a fun, fast-paced environment, we want you to apply. We are located in the northwest region of Arizona. We are minutes from the snow and only 1 – 2 hours from Las Vegas, Laughlin/Colorado River, Flagstaff, the Grand Canyon, and Lake Havasu. We are the heart of Route 66!
This position edits, paginates, and determines placement of stories and photographs in news and feature pages. Overseeing and maintaining news content on our company website. Plans daily workflow for editorial team and supervises the editorial department in the absence or in conjunction with the editor.
- Supervise editorial staff.
- Designs, edits, and paginates news pages and special sections.
- Produces and uploads material as needed for the company’s website(s).
- Generate ideas to improve web and social media content.
- Cover news events as needed.
- Researchs, writes headlines, editorials, blogs, stories, and takes photographs/videos.
- Creates and maintains productive and friendly relationships within the community.
- Must have journalism degree or commensurate experience.
- Previous editorial supervisory experience.
- Background in print and web news publications.
- Must be proficient in layout and pagination.
- Ability to produce accurate copy in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
This is a full time position with the strong possibility of working into the evening and on weekends. We offer benefits, 401k, and an excellent PTO plan. NSE EEOE
Please email your cover letter, resume, and at least (3) samples of your writing/editing to: firstname.lastname@example.org