The World/Lee Enterprises
If you love finding news that matters to hometown readers, we’d like to hear from you.
We’re a 6,500-circulation PM daily serving Oregon’s gorgeous South Coast. We need a beat reporter to cover local news, businesses and whatever else makes a difference in our community. We’ll consider both experienced and entry-level applicants, as long as you’re dedicated to writing news that connects with readers.
As part of our small but ambitious staff, you’ll hustle to break news on our web and mobile platforms, while pursuing insightful, high-impact enterprise. You’ll need an inquisitive mind, sharp writing skills and an appreciation for small-town life. Photo and social media skills would be plus.
As part of Lee Enterprises, The World offers excellent earnings potential and a full benefits package, along with a professional work environment focused on growth opportunities for employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. All applicants considered for employment must pass a post-offer drug screen and a background/DMV check prior to commencing employment.
Please apply online at http://www.theworldlink.com/workhere. For consideration please attach links or examples of previous writing experience.
- Must have a degree in journalism or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Previous experience on a daily newspaper a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible schedule which will include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated skill and ability with multi-media platforms.
- Demonstrated news writing and reporting ability to meet deadlines and work within a fast paced environment.
- Work within a team environment.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.theworldlink.com/workhere →