The Deseret News
DeseretNews.com is continuously looking for talented seasonal student intern writers for our Faith and Family sections. If you are an up-and-coming digital news innovator, DeseretNews.com wants you to join our internship program.
- Internships typically start for winter/spring semester in January and end in April.
- Internships for summer semester typically start in April/May and end in August.
- Internships for fall semester typically start in September and end in December. (All in conjunction with school semesters).
A minimum of 12 weeks is expected. Interns will work with their supervising editors to determine exact starting and ending dates, and weekly work schedules. If time off during the semester is needed, that must be coordinated well in advance with the supervising editor.
This internship will challenge you to:
- Write news content that informs and engrosses users and keeps them coming back
- Develop skills in digital news gathering, attribution and writing
- Find and attract users who are engaged by our content
- Contribute to a team that is gaining national attention for digital innovation
You are the right fit if you have:
- Excellent writing skills
- Video editing experience
- A passion for news and online journalism
- An active social media presence
- An affinity for our mission
DeseretNews.com internships pay $10.00 per hour.
To apply for an internship:
- Complete the online application
- Attach a resume AND cover letter
- Attach 2-3 copies or links to published work to the online application. You may attach as many documents as you’d like. (Documents should be uploaded in the same section of the online application as your resume and cover letter.) These might not be returned. Class papers will not be accepted.
You will join an energetic group of colleagues who think web only and who enjoy a bustling newsroom atmosphere. Our team members don’t take themselves too seriously, but we are serious about working together as digital innovators.
To be a trusted source of light and truth reaching hundreds of millions of people worldwide
The Deseret News is the oldest newspaper in Utah and the Beehive State’s longest-operating business.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://deseretnews.applicantpro.com/jobs/661337.html →