Since 2007, POLITICO has been committed to non-partisan journalism. We create products and deliver content of consequence; they have the power to change the course of history by making democracy better through our coverage of politics, policy, and power. As long as those intersect, there will be a need for POLITICO and our stories.
POLITICO’s California team is seeking a spring intern.
Internship: January 2020-June 2020
Hours: 25 per week
What you’ll do:
- Work with our California Playbook team to write and produce our daily newsletter on politics in the nation’s largest state.
- The intern will be involved in all aspects of content creation and production, including research, reporting, writing, editing and aggregating.
What you’ll need:
- A can-do attitude, initiative, good time management skills and the ability to work well under pressure.
- The ability to write quickly and cleanly.
- A passion for politics/policy and a thirst to learn about California politics and government.
We welcome applicants who are recent graduates. Applicants who are still in school must, at least, be rising juniors. The ideal applicant will have experience at a school publication and/or previous experience at a professional news outlet.
Come help us build the story. We’re united by our shared passion and commitment to non-partisan journalism. We believe in each other’s ambitions and come together to create something meaningful.
We value our people. We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package, including health and wellness benefits, commuter benefits, retirement plans, as well as work-life balance flexibility and opportunities for career development.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.