Beginning with the audience and the goal in mind, the content development specialist will partner with colleagues to build and execute on communications strategies and plans that advance Cargill’s business objectives. He or she will bring a diverse set of traditional, digital and social communication skills that allow us to target the right message, format and channel to connect most effectively with our target audiences. In addition to applying a strong strategic lens, the ideal candidate will have a unique ability to craft narratives and stories, and bring them to life across Cargill’s internal and external channels. As a member of Cargill’s Content + Storytelling Hub, he or she will have demonstrated expertise in storyboarding, writing and multimedia production. Additional skills include proficiency in graphic design, photo editing, motion graphics, animation, video production, info graphics and other multimedia formats. Candidates will also possess strong organizational and project management skills to deliver work on time and on budget.
60% Content planning and execution
• Works closely with Hub leader and Hub editorial manager to develop breakthrough communications plans based on detailed understanding of target audiences and goals.
• Develops creative narratives, story boards and key messages that provide the foundation for creating a broad array of communications assets.
• Serves as an in-house content producer, relying on a diverse set of multimedia tools and skills to develop assets for Cargill’s internal and external corporate channels, on time and on budget.
• Applies proficiency in graphic design, photo editing, motion graphics, animation, video production, info graphics and other multimedia formats to ensure creativity and variety in our execution.
• Serves as back-up content strategist for key corporate channels such as our intranet and external website to ensure a cohensive content line-up.
20% Content and format innovation
• Analyzes data and applies insights to improve content creation and drive amplification strategies.
• Develops own ideas for content that supports Corporate Affairs’ overarching communications priorities.
• Serves as a subject matter expert and consultant to the Content + Storytelling Hub on innovation in digital and social storytelling.
10% Coaching and training of colleagues on current and emerging multimedia technologies
• Train and coach other Hub members on all aspects of effective storytelling, with a particular emphasis on raising the digital and social IQ of the hub overall.
10% Relationship management
• Collaborate effectively with communications partners to agree on desired outcomes, outline roles and responsibilities, and manage expectations throughout the process.
Relocation will not be provided for this position.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or related discipline
• 3+ years of experience creating editorial content, including multi-media and social media assets
• Experience working collaboratively to conceptualize stories, determine the forms of media to be used to tell stories, create and write content, oversee production, edit and finalize content for publication
• Working knowledge with content development software such as Adobe CS suite, Photoshop, Adobe Premiere Pro, or video player software, and/or familiarity with digital asset management systems
• Ability to create and produce dynamic editorial content that supports long-term strategic objectives, is based on audience analytics and is adapted in response to content performance
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Critical thinking capability and business acumen
• Strong team player in a cross-functional, global setting
• Ability to effectively communicate with and influence a wide variety of stakeholders
• Ability to organize, prioritize and complete concurrent projects under tight deadlines
• Advanced proficiency with content development software
• Working knowledge of Web skills such as HTML, CSS
• Extensive experience of video compression and video file management
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://cargill.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&src=REF-12&job=WAY06094 →