Livefyre is a third-party comment system that provides real-time, accountable commenting on blog posts.
I love this system because it:
- allows you to connect using other social media accounts, which helps in avoiding spam,
- creates a true stream of comments and responses,
- uses an “@” reply to respond directly to the person who has commented, allowing for organized and visually appealing response management,
- creates an ongoing discussion if the person is still logged onto the site,
- sends regular email notifications that, when clicked, take you directly to the ongoing conversation, and
- forces comment accountability by requiring that an individual register their name.
To use Livefyre, you must first create an account. If you are using Livefyre for one my classes, please:
- craft a user name that is immediately recognizable,
- use your full first and last name in your registry and
- attach your photo under settings to your responses.
I hope you enjoy using Livefyre as a communication tool. I’m happy to answer questions regarding its setup or usage.